BSEE, 10 years of related industry
experience (8 years with MS), 3 years technical supervision experience
Excellent interpersonal, team building, oral and written presentation
Must have experience in nonlinear circuit modeling and linearizer
RF/Microwave circuit design/test (MIC/MMIC) experience, unit
budgets, trades), computer skills, RF/Microwave Design , Autocad,
Senior level RF/Microwave Engineer who will lead and contribute to advance design efforts developing state of the art MMIC. Perform analysis and trades of unit and subassembly topologies to meet performance and cost goals. Perform advanced, detailed Monolithic Integrated Circuits and Microwave and Millimeter Wave Monolithic Integrated Circuits (MIC/MMIC) using PedaSoft EDA tools. Organize, schedule, and manage a full range of complex development projects, including technical requirements, schedule, and cost estimate. • Hands on experience with RF test equipment and the ability to troubleshoot RF circuitry is desired; automated test software understanding is a plus. Support build and test of circuit and unit breadboard, engineering model and production hardware is required. • Provide mentoring and training to junior engineers.
This engineering leader will direct and actively participate in the development of RF power amplifier and/or switches for Front End Module products. The ideal candidate will have direct experience designing power amplifiers and/or RF switches (pHEMT, CMOS, SOI, GaN,GaAs, AlGaAs, etc) and developing handset front end modules which use these switches. Background should include multi-chip module board design including filter and/or matching networks to support integration of RF switch and PA RFIC’s. Responsibilities include planning, design, simulation, and verification and production ramp support of highly integrated, high volume RF Power Amplifier, switches, and Front End Module products for the very fast paced and competitive telecommunications market. The candidate must be able to work well and lead a product development team comprised of other design engineers, technicians and layout designers. The candidate will face challenging tasks in order to meet critical performance parameters in the design of these PA and FEM products. Strong circuit and EM simulation skills. This engineer will design using both internal and external foundry process design kits. Candidate will work closely with Front End Module design engineers, and will interface across functional and departmental boundaries to ensure that product development goals are successfully met.
Degree and 8 years experience required. Should also
have demonstrated experience in Design simulation tool; Product
Process; Design Architecture; Test Parameters and Test Equipment; and
Product Characterization. Must have solid background of leading product
development teams and delivering positive results
• Must have a solid understanding of critical RF switch and PA performance parameters such as linearity, harmonics, insertion loss, isolation, stability, leakage, and switching-speed.
• Hands-on experience integrating RF switches with power amplifiers and antenna switch modules is highly desired.
• Strong simulation and RF design skills, preferably in PAMs/FEMs.
• Must be adept at performing non-linear RF simulations using PedaSoft EM-Supreme and EM-Core tools
• IC design experience is essential. Design experience within GaAs PHEMT, CMOS, SiGe ,AlGaAs and InGaPh HBT, GaN and GaAs FETS and PIN diodes is highly desirable.
• IC layout experience including LVS/DRC is desirable.
• Must understand switch control/biasing techniques, and associated performance tradeoffs.
• Knowledge of fabrication and how this affects the device physics, device model and circuit performance.
• Candidate may perform verification testing of their designs. A hands-on perspective and understanding of RF test equipment is required.
RF IC Design Director: GSM/EDGE/WEDGE PA's and Switches
· Manage and lead an experienced design team (Engineers & Technicians) responsible for GSM/EDGE/WEDGE Power Amplifier (PA) & Transmit Front End modules (TX- FEM) products to address high volume consumer applications.
· Manage project budgets, timelines and all technical aspects of product design.
Manage the product development of power amplifier and transmit front
designs to achieve defined performance goals and features including
costs, & timelines.
· Drive design innovation and discipline in product design.
· Chair design reviews.
· Interface with reference design and end customer development teams.
· Establish development schedules and resource plans.
· Represent the Design group in cross functional teams as required.
· Bachelor degree in Electronics + 12 Years experience.
· Masters degree in Electronics + 10 Years experience.
· PhD degree in Electronics + 8 Years experience.
· 5 years GSM/EDGE/WEDGE Power Amplifier MMIC/MCM design or similar.
· Analog Circuit Design (GaAs HBT, PHEMT, & CMOS) experience.
· IC CAD design experience .
· Proven track record of leading design teams in creating differentiated products for commercial applications.
Sr. RF Engineer
must be able to define requirements through interactions with
customers, hardware, software, test and component engineers, systems
engineers and program managers and to support the
development of roadmaps for future technologies. Candidate must
also be capable of developing sound technical, cost, and schedule data
in support of proposals and on-going contract activities.
have significant customer and team interaction and leadership
responsibilities in this senior technical role. Candidate must
have strong presentation and proposal skills and will be responsible
for presenting technical data to the customer and internal team
Other required qualifications include:
Successful candidate must have an extensive background in one or more fields of RF device design, RF Power Amplifiers, switches, front-end-modules and/or Radar and Communications systems. The candidate must exhibit expertise in designing, analyzing, and testing complex active Radar/RF systems in order to implement solutions which will meet complex customer requirement in a timely manner. Candidate must be proficient in amplifier and RF subsystem design as to how they impact the performance, manufacturability, reliability, maintainability and supportability of RF/MMW systems. In particular candidate should have demonstrated experienced in:
Software Development Engineers (2)
Conduct various aspects of software development including software tools for graphic user interface for electrical power and signal simulation tools, data translation, post processing and animation of dynamic data using C/C++. Write software modules to convert electrical package and board design data to PedaSoft’s file format.
Software Engineers (GUI Developers) (2)
Develop and implement new GUI features and capabilities of PedaSoft software products
Software Engineers (GUI Designers) (1)
Design graphical user interfaces of PedaSoft software products
Electrical Engineers, Modeling (2) (1 RF, and 1 Signal Integrity)
Develop and maintain PedaSoft’s software products, including algorithm development, implementation, code debug and maintenance
Product Development Engineer, (RF and Analog Mixed Signal) (2)
Participate as a member of the system simulation R&D team in the research and development of research and development in the area of high-performance system simulation software for the design of RF and mixed signal IC circuits, also helping to design and spec out the next generation of system simulation tools. Specific requirements include:
Software Engineer, Quality Assurance (2)
The successful candidate will work in the Core Technologies group and will be responsible for developing and implementing functional and accuracy testing for PedaSoft's products, enhancing the visibility of quality throughout PedaSoft. Qualified candidates should possess the following:
Please email us your resume and position you are applying to: email@example.com.