Home > FAQ > Installation FAQ
1. What is the procedure to download and install EM-Supreme/EM-Core?
· You will first need to send us your MAC Address. You can retrieve it by typing “getmac” in your Command Prompt (located in your PC’s Accessories).
· Simply copy and paste that MAC Address and email it to your Account Manager.
· You will then receive an email containing a link that will take you directly to start downloading EM-Core/EM-Supreme.
· After installing the software, you need to place the license file you receive from us (yourcompanyname.lic) into the following directory:
For 32-bit OS>> C:\program files\common files\pedasoft\licenses\
Or for 64-bit OS >> C:\program files(x86)\common files\pedasoft\licenses\
Please contact us if you have any difficulties installing the software.
2. What PC configuration works best with the software?
PedaSoft recommends a powerful PC to install EM-Supreme or EM-Core for best visualization and speed, the below is just minimum requirements but customer is advised to use newer processors and video cards with large memory (512k or above).
Microsoft Windows-based OS (32 or 64 bits): XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7.0.
Intel- or AMD-based processor
Minimum of 128MB RAM
Minimum of 16MB Video Card
3. I have a Windows Vista and EM-Core or EM-Supreme was closed immediately after trying to save a project. What should I do?
For windows Vista users, you will need to disable User Account Controls “i.e. remove the windows Vista feature prompting users before each action, which will allow EM-Core or EM-Supreme to save project files.”
· To do so, simply go to your Control Panel, and type in “uac” in the search field.
· Click on “Turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off”
· Uncheck the “Use User Account Control” and press OK:
You might be asked to restart your computer to apply the changes.
4. What platforms can EM-Core and EM-Supreme be installed on?
Windows XP, VISTA, Windows 7.0 etc for 32bit as well as 64 bits